Today I thought I would share an in progress project that someone suggested I add, then hopefully I can add some things I've been working on over the last few months.
Today's project is a wreath decorated with flowers made out of book pages. I'd seen a few of these on the internet, and knew I needed one of my own, but I was only motivated to start it when my friend Ali got a die-namics rolled rose die. This has meant I haven't had to hand cut the flowers. I kind of wish the die made a bigger flower, as it's taking forever, but it does look pretty. So far I am on book number two - for some insane reason I decided to use two cuts per flower for a fuller appearance. Anyway, enough blathering, here's the eye candy...
Will take some more pics of this when it's finished and hung. I'm planning on hanging it from a square frame with a black ribbon. I might add a few beads in the flower centres, not sure whether I should embellish it or go for a clean and simple look.
Other projects I plan to share with you are:
- Black corset with feather trim - started about 6 months ago, now languishing in a bag
- Two 50s inspired dresses - I am making these for myself and a friend to wear on a 50s night in a few weeks. They're both red, one is a halterneck with black polka dots, and the other has 3D circles stitched onto the fabric all over - sounds odd, you'll have to see it to get what I mean
- Some scrapbook pages - I only seem to scrap one or two a month, I don't really do quick makes, but I'm happy with that. I've been scrapping a recent trip to Cologne
- A cute cupboard I made with an old washboard as the door - did this from start to finish in an afternoon and it's hanging in my downstairs loo
- A beautiful old sewing machine with it's own cupboard that I got from a charity shop and am renovating
That's all for now, maybe I'll add another project next week!